House of Indi Pvt Ltd. Established in 2010 by Indi Yapa Abeywardena, the owner and head creative director in house is a senior fashion designer in Sri Lanka with brands such is indi demi couture her signature line, diffusion line indi diva, indi bindi an ethnic wear line and iya bride a collection of bridal wear for local, expat, international and destination brides to be.
HOI a family run business was initially a custom order design house for local customers mainly but with increased interest in quality garments, at an affordable price with various services, we have expanded now in to a boutique manufacturing facility.
We offer friendly and professional customer service. Our prime concern to give high quality production with on time delivery guarantee. The team at HOI has the capacity and skills to accommodate all your clothing and garment production needs.
We value our small business customers, who may be starting out and need lower quantity orders. HOI will accommodate low minimums and produces extremely high quality garments.
By choosing HOI we are confident your choice of our premium international textile service, also will enhance your visit to our beautiful island of Sri Lanka.
We offer production from our own factory and a unique connection with Sri Lanka’s most skilled artisans and producers. Not only can we skillfully produce the standard items (t-shirts, denim, dresses, swimwear, shirts and occasion wear etc) with high quality materials at great prices we also create unique products that require rare materials and craftsmanship.
Clothing and garment manufacturers with ethical standards
Hand made patterns by our team of experts to make your idea come to life
High quality fabric at the best possible price through sustainable relationships with reliable suppliers
Customised samples for you to get an idea before manufacturing the final garment
Printing, dyeing and beading
Digital and screen fabric printing, fabric dyeing and beading
Tag and labels
Tags and labels to match the garment size grading
Small and large production runs
Amazing uniforms for any kind of company in any industry
Bringing you close to the industries finest
” I have boundless energy and endless flow of creativity “
Indi Yapa Abeywardena
To be Sri Lanka’s number 1 women empowerment lead company and making every woman feel comfortable in their own skin.
To be a leader in the socially conscious business world providing sustainable products, practice fair trade and help people in need.
Over the Years
– WH (Wearhouse Rebranding) and Flagship Store Opening. Allowing 30 Local Suppliers an international selling platform
– Free Bridal Giveaway for Front Line Health Care workers
– Won Award – Stevie International Business Manufacturing Small Business GOLD for House of Indi Pvt Ltd
– Won Award – Stevie International Business Retail Small Business SILVER for House of Indi Pvt Ltd
– Won Award – Stevie Award for Women in Business Women Entrepreneur of the Year – GOLD for Indi Yapa Abeywardena
– Warehouse Sri Lanka (Designer Hub at One Galle Face Mall opening.)
– CFW Fashion Week
– Starting “Loan a Sewing Machine” Campaign to assist work from home women.
– Helping Covid19 Victims with food Packages
– Manufacturing Covid19 Front liner Face Masks and distribution free.
– Won Award – Women in Management SME Gold Award Entrepreneur of the Year
– Won Award – SLIM Resilience Re Start Sri Lanka for SME Silver Award Entrepreneur of the Year
– Launch of INDI Signature accessory OWL belt
– CFW Fashion Week
– SAARC Fashion Exhibition – Nepal
– Launch of Diffusion Line “INDI DIVA”
– Launched of INDI & Co. Dept. Boutique store
– Finale Designer at the first ever LAKME Sri Lanka Fashion Week.
– Unilever Sri Lanka Partnership for LUX
– Unilever Sri Lanka Partnership for Sunsilk
– LAKME Sri Lanka Fashion Week
– Launch of iBRIDE Bridal Lounge and IYA Bride
– Unilever Sri Lanka Partnership for Ponds
– Unilever Sri Lanka Partnership for Vaseline with Colombo Fashion Week
– Asian Designer Fashion Week
– CFW and National Crafts Council Sri Lanka CRAFTALIVE show
– Participated in L’Oréal Melbourne Fashion Festival in Melbourne
– Launched of first Resort Collection with CFW Resort Galle, “Textile and Craft in Fashion”
– Commenced lecturing at the University of Moratuwa at the Department of Textile and Clothing for B.A.(Hons) undergraduate students on the subject of Fashion and Products Development.
– The release of two Capsule Collections; White by Indi and Color Me
– Established her first brand INDI, couture designer wear for any occasion and launched it at Colombo Fashion Week.
– The release of Warrior Princes capsule collection
– Started Work with MAS Linea Aqua, which gave the opportunity to work as a senior swimwear fashion designer for projects on Victoria’s Secret and Calvin Klein in Los Angeles and Miami.
– The release of Secret Garden Capsule Collection
– Participated in Graduate Fashion Week in London
– The release of Japanese Garden capsule collection
– Becoming one of the best final 15 young designers at the British Bridal Buyer Awards, Harrogate UK.
– The release of B&W two face capsule collection
A single independent woman, working hard to establish herself on her own and not be dependent on a man, typical to Sri Lankan village cultures. The backbone of House of Indi.
The loudest of them all, she assists all other staff members as an assistant, while supporting her husband at home financially.
IndikaStore & Client Relationship Manager
Mother of 2 kids, supporting them and looking after her mother, while dedicating herself to the development of House of Indi 24/7, she is the first point of contact for all clients.
The youngest in our team, she is right after school following her passion and we are more than happy to help her develop a career in fashion while supporting her family.
KalaSourcing and Delivery
Married with 3 kids, helping her husband with the financial burden of a household by working at House of Indi. She manages all our emergency sourcing of fabrics/delivery.
WasanaHand working specialist
The newest member of the team, she continues to learn the ropes from senior staff members. She is on a path to develop her skills and eventually move up within the business
A lone ranger in our team, she is the best at what she does, Married with kids, she continues to travel every day for over 1 hour to support her family with her salary at the end of the month.
SwarnaHand working specialist
She finds comfort at work among her colleagues and working here help her support her 2 things: her education and household bills.
Dedicated to the maximum, she is one of the humblest and loving team members.